Thursday, December 5, 2013

Slinging Mud


I basically remember two things from the 2012 election:
  1. Incredible Jon Stewart fodder (man, was I sad when the election was over for that alone) 
  2. Lots of mudslinging by both parties
I've come to predict this in politics, yet this technic is less expected in conventional advertising.  

Therefore, I was a bit surprised that Microsoft ramped up it's "Scroogled" campaign this quarter, slinging more mud at Google.

They've launched shirts that you can buy at Microsoft.com


And, a new set of videos (that are ironically being run on YouTube, a Google property)



I'm totally fine with a company bringing to light potential flaws in a competitor's product.

But, has Microsoft gone too far to the point of "desperate"?

No comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...