Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Taipei is (really) cool.





I like Singapore for lots of reasons:

  • Warm weather.  I might be the only person that counts this as a plus
  • Awesome public transport.  My commute went from 3 hours to 30 min per day
  • A mix of people.  We've got every religion and nationality represented
  • Food, food, food.  All price ranges.  All genres.  Really excellent
  • Proximity to travel.  My passport has never been so excited
  • The "resort" life.  It feels like I live in a country club
  • Safety.  This might sound lame, but after being robbed in San Francisco, it's higher on my priority list. 

Unfortunately, Singapore can sometime lack "coolness."  They try (and copy) really hard, but it's not the same as cities that develop organically.

All that being said -- Taipei was cool.  Lots of energy, a cool cafe culture and locals claiming their food is the best in the world.  Plus, they have this everyday.

Okay, now for some photos.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...