Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A new take on "borrowing from your friend's closet"



























The "sharing economy" has been hot in the start-up world for awhile.

Here's a few:

I'm all for the idea!  

There is a lot of latent inventory out there in the world (think your extra bedroom, your apartment while on vacation, your closet full of unworn items).

Shouldn't we want our "things" to be used more?  Production of "stuff" is a burden on the environment, let alone our mental health.

That's why I like this new start-up: Le Tote.  Instead of amassing even more clothes and accessories, you can pay $49 per month for 3 garments and 2 accessories chosen by a 'personal stylist' to be delivered to your door.  Once done with them, you return and get a new set of items.

I won't be able to try this out for two reasons: 1) I live in Singapore, 2) I'm super tall (I doubt the garments are meant for 6'1" chicks).  Otherwise, I think it's a cool idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...