Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Silent Dinner Party. Could you do it?




























Not sure if you've heard of it, but PechaKucha is a newish (cool) public speaking event concept started in Japan.  Think TED Talks for normal people... Except more concise.

The presenter gets 20 seconds per image.  20 slides in total.  That's 6 min 40 seconds.

No rambling allowed.  The powerpoint slides will move on their own regardless if you're ready.  Note: I desperately wish this happened at business meetings...

Today, I watched one on silent dinner parties.  Two hours.  No talking.  All strangers.  It sounds like a fascinating (and very tough) social experiment.

Think you could do it?

I'd have a very hard time based on my 2 day silent meditation retreat (I need a monk to keep me in line).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...