Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Power of Images





























They say that a picture is worth a thousand words.

I usually think that just sounds cliche, but after seeing this photo project by Angelo Merendino, I've changed my mind.

Angelo's project starts with a beautiful love story:  
"The first time I saw Jennifer I knew. I knew she was the one. I knew, just like my dad when he sang to his sisters in the winter of 1951 after meeting my mom for the first time, “I found her.” "
It was a whirl-wind romance that culminated in a wedding in Central Park.

Jennifer was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 months later.
"Five months later Jen was diagnosed with breast cancer. I remember the exact moment…Jen’s voice and the numb feeling that enveloped me. That feeling has never left. I’ll also never forget how we looked into each other’s eyes and held each other’s hands. “We are together, we’ll be ok.”
Angelo did the one thing he knew how to do -- take photos.  

He chronicled the journey and brought a face and a name to the illness that affects 1 out of 8 women.

It's definitely worth checking out the photos and learning more about their story 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...