Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Beauty and the Beasts


























On Saturday, I went to Bistecca -- a European steakhouse in Singapore.

The food was incredible.  

Based on their media page, I think a lot of others agree.  It might just be my favorite restaurant in Singapore (yes, I went that far).

In addition to the delicious things that went into my belly, I loved the artwork inside the restaurant.  Check out the photos below by photographer, Scott Woodward, along with a few quotes from him on the project (it was a tough, but rewarding one!)
"As a broad concept, Megan wanted me to integrate wild European animals and beautiful, fashionable women into each of five photographs to be used as advertisements to promote Bistecca and as art to hang on the walls of her restaurant"
"Of course, once we determined and agreed on our concepts, the next puzzle that needed to be solved was how we would bring these animals -- some giant, others ferocious -- to life inside Bistecca.  It was crucial to me that every wild animal look completely lifelike.  I therefore quickly determined that compositing existing stock photographs of these animals into the scenes would not yield the faithful outcome I was seeking.  Additionally, bringing the animals to Bistecca and shooting giant Tuscan bulls or a raging wild boar inside the restaurant was clearly going to be impossible. "
 "It took more than six long weeks of illustration and digital post-production, but this past Monday we finally completed the job.  It was the most challenging creative assignment I have ever undertaken; hundreds of hours of blood, sweat and (quite literally) tears were shed by the illustrator, digital imaging team and my entire production staff -- a true labour of love, resulting in finished artwork of which we are all very proud."




























1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the restaurant-review! As a new Singaporean I am serarching for where to get my next emal :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...