Wednesday, July 10, 2013

You know you're almost 30 when...
































(Nicholas Nixon's "The Brown Sisters")

I saw this exhibit a few years ago at the SF MOMA, which documents 4 sisters over 30 years.  

I loved it.  

Found it engaging and thought provoking (I mean, I still remember it -- that's a big deal).

On a similar-ish note of 30 years of aging, my college friends and I have been making our own "You know you're almost 30" list after seeing this on Buzzfeed.  Here's mine.

  1. Vine doesn't make sense to you.  at all.
  2. You judge girls with short-shorts instead of trying to buy the same ones
  3. You had a Xanga before a blog
  4. Bangs are a "trendy" way to hide the fine lines on your forehead
  5. You gossip about your boss, instead of bitches
  6. You have a hard time remembering last names (i.e., who the hell is this Anne Smith emailing me... oh wait, she got married)
  7. You remember college without an i-phone or instagram
  8. You coveted the Freshman Directory (i.e., the offline version of Facebook before Facebook existed)
  9. You wear free t-shirts from corporate events, instead of frat parties (yea G+)
  10. It's cool to post photos of eating veggies, instead of happy hour drinks
  11. 3 year olds can navigate an iPad better than you
  12. Hangovers are not always worth the experience (eh, I could go to that party, or I could read in bed)
  13. You wonder if a "third-life crisis" exists because you've passed by the quarter-life one
  14. You forget that teenagers act like this
  15. Your friends have produced mini-me's (oh my god, there is a 1 year old Rebecca out there!)

PS - I have no real concerns about turning 30 on April 9, 2014.  Onward & upward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...