Monday, July 15, 2013

DIY Retreat: Meditation, Art & Photography


























"The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself." - Anais Nin 

I really like being by myself.  I'm a closet introvert. 

I previously mentioned I went to Chiang Mai, but I didn't mention why.  
I was on my own DIY retreat.  I spent 6 days by myself -- 3 days were spent in 1:1 art classes with Noina & 2 days were at a (mostly) silent meditation retreat.  In between, I took photography, hung out at an art cafe and learned some basic python on Code Academy.

I left with a clearer mind and a more creative soul.  I also learned that meditation is way harder than I gave it credit for (as my monk said, I have a monkey mind).

I'm now planning some more DIY self-learning activities, but in the meantime, I'd encourage you to also take some dedicated "me time" to focus on the things you enjoy.  As Oprah-sounding as that is, it's really important.

“Be gentle first with yourself if you wish to be gentle with others.” -Lama Yeshe 

PS - Here's a few photos from meditation & art class

























1 comment:

  1. Should you ever need a cover(ad) to promote charcoal sketching classes, the shot of the charcoal pencils could be considered.

    Lot the other shots too You have a great eye!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...