Monday, August 19, 2013

Cool Chicks: Stevie Nicks

Source: Annie Leibovitz

I've been a fan of Stevie Nicks & Fleetwood Mac for awhile, but this clip a Rolling Stones photo shoot with Annie Leibovitz (another cool chick) reminds me exactly how awesome she is.

She's so natural and soulful in her singing -- it almost sounds like she's having a conversation with you.

Despite her mystical, free-spirited appearance, she's had a prolific career -- producing over 40 Top 50 hits and selling 140 million albums.  In fact, she's spurred on a whole new generation of artists with Courtney Love, Michelle Branch, Mary J Blige, Sheryl Crow and Sarah McLachlan (among others) naming Stevie as a strong influence on their music careers.

At age 65, she's still going.  In 2010, she began working on a new solo album, "In Your Dreams."  Rolling Stones said, "it's her finest collection of songs since the eighties."

"It was my 16th birthday - my mom and dad gave me my Goya classical guitar that day. I sat down, wrote this song, and I just knew that that was the only thing I could ever really do - write songs and sing them to people." - stevie

In honor of Stevie, I'm listening to her ALL day on Spotify.  If only tambourines were allowed at my desk...
Source: Annie Leibovitz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...