Saturday, June 8, 2013

Music has that way with me





































(Source: Record Rebellion)

I'm in Singapore. I've been listening to Van Morrison all day.  Somehow, I've been transported back to 2009.  I've been transported back to Boston.

Music has that way with me.
I didn't like my job (note: Myers Briggs' types INFP/INFJ should never join private equity).  

I had "permanently" left Texas, after several partial attempts while in consulting.  I was relieved.  I could finally start my own life.

That winter, I spent a lot of time indoors due to the weather, watching the snowfall from my window under my comforter.  It was a time of introspection -- lots of reading and listening to music (Van Morrison, Neal Young and Tracy Chapman).

It was a short season for me.  I left Boston after 10 months for San Francisco.  I found a job at Google (a much better fit for me).  Regardless, Van Morrison will always bring me back to that time -- a time of transition and self-discovery, even all the way from Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...