Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hot Searches







(Source: Visualization of "Hot Searches"

Have you ever erased the history on your computer before letting someone borrow it?  If not, you must be very trusting. 

Alan (my boyfriend) and I have been dating for 2 years and living together for 1 year.  I'm just now letting him borrow my computer "raw."

I'm not searching for anything juicy (it's anything but).  It's just very personal.  It's direct access to my thoughts.  That's why I find Google Search trends so interesting.  For better or worse, it's the collective thoughts of a country.

Here's the top 10 in the USA today:

  1. Teen Wolf: Season Premiere
  2. Bruins: 2-0 lead over Penguins
  3. Miley Cyrus: New single, "We Can't Stop"
  4. Linked In: Updated "Who's viewed my profile" section
  5. Jiah Khan: Bollywood star commits suicide
  6. Jason Kidd: Ends basketball career
  7. Frank Lautenberg: NJ senator dies
  8. Pia Zadora: Broadway star chokes son
  9. Vine: Video app now on Android
  10. PNC Bank: Robbery in Carlisle
If I were an alien that dropped in on the US, I'd think Americans are obsessed with sports, celebrities, vampires, death, crime and apps.  Seems pretty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...