Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Best Glam-Camping in Cambodia












(Source: 4 Rivers Floating Lodge)

Last fall, Alan found a deal on the Jetsetter for the 4 Rivers Floating Lodge a few hours outside of Phnom Penh.  I had no expectations.  I didn't even look at the website.

It ended up being one of my favorite Southeast Asia trips thus far.  Here's why.


Utter seclusion.  It's literally is in the middle of nowhere (but, magically, without snakes)

Cook-to-order meals.  Amazing, freshly prepared meals.








Being really "away."  It was quiet.  We read and played board games.  Delightful.


Kayaks at Sunset.  Free to use at your own leisure

Being on the water.  We started every morning jumping off our balcony into the river.





Acting like a dork.  I must have performed 50+ "tricks."  Alan must really love me.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...